Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Vegan Mayonnaise

Here is a great recipe for vegan mayonnaise.  I used to buy Nayonnaise at Whole Foods but at over $4 a bottle, it got to be very expensive.  This one tastes great and lasts a few weeks.

Ingredients:

4 ounces of silken tofu
1 tablespoon of canola, sunflower, or olive oil
1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon of ground mustard seed (use 1/2 of grinding whole seeds as I do)
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
Optional - turmeric, paprika, and/or garlic powder to taste

Blend all in a blender.  A hand blender works fine.

Note:  When I can't find 4 ounces of silken tofu, I buy 8 ounces.  You can either double the recipe or use the extra silken tofu for a smoothie.  I add frozen strawberries, banana, maple syrup, and juice (save the juice from canned or frozen fruit).  My daughter usually has it with breakfast.

No comments: