- Aloe Vera - effective for removing formaldehyde (found in synthetic rugs, particle board furniture, and vinyl). Aloe Vera can also be used for skin disorders such as sun burns.
- Chinese Evergreen - general air purifier. Can be placed anywhere in the home.
- Elephant-Ear Philodendron - these leafy green vines have been proven to help remove formaldehyde from the air. They make great climbing and hanging plants.
- Ficus Alli - general indoor air toxin remover. Looks great in a home or office.
- Golden Pathos - effective in removing formaldehyde from the air. Keep in a bright window, but not in direct sunlight, and water whenever the soil feels dry. These plants are tropical vines so they do best in a hanging basket or wherever they have the space to climb. Smaller specimens look great on tabletops.
- Peace Lily - excels in the removal of alcohols, acetone, trichloroethylene, benzene and formaldehyde. Its ability to remove air pollutants and its excellent performance in all categories make it a most valuable houseplant. Best in indirect, medium sunlight to low sunlight.
- Spider Plant - best plants for removing formaldehyde from the air. Thrive in bright but indirect light.
- English ivy - this plant has been shown to remove Benzene from the air. They like medium light and evenly moist soil. They make lovely hanging plants and also love to climb. This effervescent plant has been noted as a fix for allergies because it has been found to vanish 60% of airborne mold and 58% of airborne feces in a room just 6 hours after it was brought in. Those with asthma, allergies, or the desire to breath cleaner, fresher air should give the English ivy a try.
- Boston Fern - ability to expel mold and toxins from indoor air. Plus, it’s will make any home or office more forest-like.
- Areca Palm Tree -dubbed the most efficient air humidifier, the Areca will keep your home or office moist during dry times and continuously remove chemical toxins from the air. During winter time, it can literally replace the use of electric humidifiers.