Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Danger of Genetically Engineered Food

Congress just voted against the labeling of genetically modified (GM) foods.  GM foods have proven to be toxic to lab animals and to the environment because heavy pesticides and herbicides are used on GM crops.  I may not be a lab animal but I prefer to know if I am buying GM foods because I prefer NOT to buy these toxic products not only for the sake of my health and my family's health but for the sake of the health of the environment.  Unfortunately, unless I buy all organic foods, there is no guarantee I am buying non-GMO food. 

Please read the following article (by clicking on the link) on why genetically engineered food is not safe and the many myths surrounding GM foods including how they are suppose to stop world hunger but are actually causing more of it.   

Why Genetically Engineered Food is Dangerous: New Report

No comments: