Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Confused on What to Eat? Join the Millions.



I'm in the middle of writing an article (that may turn into a book) on natural healing for preventing a specific disease.   I expected the article to take a couple of weeks to finish but instead I'm still working on it six weeks later.  Frankly, I'm a little ticked off.  I'm ticked off because the more I research, the more I realize that there are so many food myths floating around that it is no wonder most people are unhealthy and overweight.  There are as many differences of opinions regarding food and supplements as there are people in the world.  The same clinical studies are referenced in various books but the interpretations vary depending on the author's agenda.  Many authors are honest but you'd be shocked to know that many are not honest and interpret a study based on an agenda.  I found several studies that were referenced by authors that stated them as facts when the results of the studies were not statistically significant.  Who's gonna check their references, right? 

Freaking unbelievable!!


Then when I do get my head out of the books and turn on television, I hear crap from people who are suppose to be health experts on the morning talk shows.  These "TV" doctors or "TV nutritionists get it wrong more times than I'd like to think about.  They are not idiots but paid good money by the shows who are paid by the advertisers so they are all biased.  How can they say anything negative about prescription drugs, vaccines, or other products that are advertised?  Frequently I see them pushing vaccines, drugs, milk products, low-fat foods, and artificially sweetened foods.  It makes me want to scream.  "TV" doctors are even sometimes told by the show's advertisers to recommend their products.   

Remember when Robin Roberts was diagnosed with breast cancer and going through chemo? A certain "TV" doctor told her that diet had nothing to do with her cancer.  I almost choked on my oatmeal.  That's right.  Diet has nothing to do with cancer so go ahead and eat whatever the hell you want.  Of course he's probably the one who told her to go ahead with chemo even if that was not the right course of action for her.  Now she has a MDS and just finished bone marrow transplant.  I pray she is getting more holistic advice this time and not listening to "TV" doctors 

So what is the correct way to eat?  Is it high-fat or low-fat?  Is it high-carb or low-carb?  Is it high protein or low protein?  Is is a balanced amount of fats, carbs, and protein.  Is it 20-40-40 (protein being the 20%)?  Is is vegan, vegetarian, flexitarian, or omnivore?  Is is raw food or cooked food?  Is is organic or non-organic?  Should you eat gluten-free?  Should you eat dairy-free?  Should you buy a $400 juicer and juice?  Should you eliminate all sugar and sweeteners?  These questions are enough to send anyone to the freezer for a treat. 

To be continued.............................

Image courtesy of photostock / http://www.freedigitalphotos.net" target="_blank">FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments: