The five holiday foods that promote cancer, diabetes, heart disease and premature death are the following
1. Artificially colored Christmas cookies. Christmas cookies look nice but have green and red dyes in those pretty sprinkles. Red dyes, especially have shown to cause hyperactivity in children. Sugar cookies are loaded with (you guessed it) sugar! If you must make them at all, sprinkle them with organic cane sugar and reduce the amount of sugar by 1/3 to 1/2.
2. Anything made with vegetable shortening. Loaded with artery clogging trans fats. Instead, substitute organic butter or coconut oil.
3. Processed meats with sodium nitrate. Everyone likes to give those lovely gift baskets with filled with meats and cheeses. In order for the meats to stay fresh, they are loaded up with with preservatives and sodium nitrate. If you get one of these baskets, throw the meats away or give away to your enemies (just kidding). Don't send these baskets to your loved ones unless they come from an organic food company or better yet make them yourself and hand deliver if they live nearby.
4. Eggnog drinks. If people really thought about what was in eggnog drinks, they wouldn't drink them. Raw eggs! Yuk. Besides, they are high in high fructose corn syrup (GMO), hydrogenated fats, hormones, and calories. Make your own instead with sweetened almond or soy milk. Just add rum.
5. Stuffing. Seriously, I could not find a packaged stuffing mix without a long list of chemicals including MSG, GMO corn, and hydrogenated fats. Just buy or make some chemical free french bread and make your own. All you need is vegetable broth, celery, poultry seasoning, sage, salt, and pepper. It's so easy, my daughter has made it the last couple of years.
Top five holiday foods that promote cancer, diabetes, heart disease and premature death